Jim Barfield serves as the Chief Executive Officer of Luke. He is a co-owner and co-founder of Luke. Prior to Luke, Jim was President/CEO of a company providing technical and business development support for clients in support of Government contracts. Jim was elected to the Brevard County Commission from 2014 to 2018. He has held a variety of positions with Fortune 500 corporations.
Jim is a graduate of East Tennessee State University receiving a BS degree in Environmental Health. He earned a Master of Public Health degree from the University of South Florida. Jim was inducted into the JA Space Coast Business Hall of Fame in 2018, the 2019 Founders’ Forum Founder of the Year (with Rich Hall) and was awarded NASA’s Silver Snoopy Award for Human Space Flight.
Jim has served on many boards to include:
- Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce – Chair
- Junior Achievement of the Space Coast Board
- Brevard Homeless Coalition Board
- Brevard Zoo Board
- Aquarium Task Force
- Economic Development Commission (EDC) of Florida’s Space Coast
- Central Florida Expressway (CFX) Board
- Brevard County Commission (elected office; 4 years)
- Past Chair of Brevard County Commission
- Space Coast Volunteers in Medicine – Founding Member