Luke was founded in 2004 by Jim Barfield and Rich Hall. This journey, as they describe it, began with an idea and a prayer. It was a critical time post 911 with wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. They wanted to make a difference for our troops. So, they established Luke with a mission to provide quality healthcare to our military men, women, and families. Since then, Luke has:
- Employed over 6,000 healthcare workers
- Provided healthcare for our military at over 150 military installations
- Been awarded over 50 contracts
- Managed 900 task orders
- Staffed civilian, VA, and NASA clinics or hospitals
- Treated millions of patients
In 2022, Luke and Dependable Health Services, a medical and non-medical staffing agency serving government entities, joined forces in areas where they have both built strong reputations as successful third-party providers of recruitment, training, credentialing, and management of medical professionals, caregivers, and other service professionals. Built on a foundation of strong values and ethics, Luke is dedicated to positively impacting people through quality care.